Monday, May 20, 2013

Review: Spirit by Brigid Kemmerer



Spirit is book #3 in the Elemental series by Brigid Kemmerer. 

We met Hunter Garrity in book 1 "Storm" but this is the first time we really get a chance to see all of his inner turmoil that is hidden under that calm facade. He has had a lot happen recently in his life and it all seems to be boiling over and raising all tensions right to the surface. There were times when I was thinking WOW can this poor guy just not get a break, yet other times I just wanted to smack him for his desicions or lack there of.Hunter has this horrible where do I belong scenario going on between the Merrick brothers with which he has so much comradery and the guides which he grew up thinking he was destined to become. Then there is Kate. Kate is the new girl in school and there are instant sparks between her and Hunter,but we find out right from the beginning she has a hidden agenda. Things are already so crazy without a girl coming in and messing with Hunter's head yet like Hunter I couldnt help but to be drawn to her and yearn to find out who she really is. Kate and Hunter have a lot in common including each has their own inner battle about what excactly it is they believe in and stand for. 

I absolutely love the Merrick brothers! I just can't get enough of their clever wit and antics, but their amazing brotherhood and emphasis on family is the real heart stealer for me. I feel like Hunter is a long lost brother but since even Hunter doesnt know quite where he stands how can they? So in turn it's all about who can trust who and for how long. 

Brigid has made me feel so fickle in my fiction crushes! She somehow manages to make me fall for each character she introduces me to. She brings such amazing depth and life to her characters that I feel like I not only know them but like I know the secret parts of their personality that only few get to see. They are so perfectly flawed and well defined, which makes them all the more believeable and human. 

Spirit has it all - action, romance, humor, and paranormal edge. It is an excellent addition to the series that I so dearly love. I am so ready for the next book :) 



** I received this book from the publisher in exchange for a honest review **

No comments:

Post a Comment