Monday, April 11, 2016

Review: Out Of Play



My Review: Out of Play 

There are so many things to love about Out of Play. For one it has a really cool main character named Penny who is a totally kick-butt hockey player. She is one tough girl and proud of it and shows the boys no mercy. She can be a bit snarky at times which I love of course and really I could go on and on about how much I love Pen. Then insert troubled Bishop, drummer for Burn, and total hottie. He won me over despite his problems and I am really happy that we got the dual point of views in this novel so that I could get to know his inner thoughts. When he starts hanging out with Gramps I totally fell in love with him. Gramps is so awesome ( I love Gramps ). Another of my favorite things is that this isn't just a romance. It's also about family, friends, and finding out who you are, while it also deals with some tougher stuff like addiction, death, and dementia. I will admit that I cried more than once on this one. Overall though it wasn't really a sad story ( except for one part ) as strange as that sounds with it being about addiction. Because more than addiction Out of Play was about finding yourself, making yourself happy, and forgiving yourself and others. 

** Thank you Netgalley and Entangled Teen Publishing for providing me with a copy in exchange for review **

P.S. This is on sale for $0.99 right now on Amazon at the link below! 4/11/2016 
I'm not sure how long the sale will last so grab yours now. 

http://www.amazon.com/Out-Play-Jolene-Perry-ebook/dp/B00BQMOG5G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460384366&sr=8-1&keywords=out+of+play
<3 a="" about="" addiction.="" addiction="" admit="" also="" and="" another="" are="" as="" because="" being="" br="" cried="" deals="" death="" dementia.="" except="" family="" favorite="" finding="" for="" forgiving="" friends="" gramps="" happy="" i="" is="" isn="" it="" just="" like="" making="" more="" my="" of="" on="" once="" one.="" one="" others.="" out="" overall="" part="" play="" really="" romance.="" s="" sad="" some="" sounds="" story="" strange="" stuff="" t="" than="" that="" things="" this="" though="" tougher="" was="" wasn="" while="" who="" will="" with="" you="" yourself="">

No comments:

Post a Comment