Sunday, September 18, 2016

Review: Secret Heart of Lacie Blade




My Review:
 The entire Robbin' Hearts series has been so magical and Secret Heart of Lacie Blade is a wonderful new addition to that. It takes place in the same familiar setting of Bender lake as the previous books and features one of my favorite characters, Granny Tinker. It could definitely be read as a standalone since this story does not depend on the previous ones to be told. With that said, I do recommend reading the series as a whole because it is so wonderful and Reed just has this beautiful mystical aspect to her work that I so enjoy. This one is a bit quirky much like the first book of the series and has that gypsy aspect that is just so cool. I haven't read many books with gypsies and Granny Tinker is a really unique character that really breathes life into every scene she's in. Although this is a short story it is not lacking in depth or story. Small packages can pack a big punch as I'm sure Lacie Blade would tell you ;-) . 
I'm not sure if Ms. Reed has more stories in mind for this series but I am always happy to visit Bender Lake. I highly recommend this entire series and hope that you love it as much as I do. 

** I received this book from the author in exchange for honest review. ** 

No comments:

Post a Comment