Friday, September 20, 2019

Review: Cupid's Match by Lauren Palphreyman


Cupid's Match by Lauren Palphreyman

Book description via Bookishfirst: 

For teen Lila Black, Cupid isn’t a myth—he’s her perfect match.
When teen Lila Black arrives at Cupid's Matchmaking Service intent on stopping them from spamming her, her world is turned inside out when she learns not only that cupids exist, but that she’s been matched with the infamous god of love, Cupid. The only catch? Lila's cupid guide, Cal, informs her she can't actually fall for Cupid; if she does, it will summon the goddess Venus, and it won't be pretty. As Cupid and Lila try to resist each other's magnetic pull, they discover an ancient group of cupids, the Arrows, are after them and determined to stop their match. Only by working together and surrendering to the power of myths can Lila and her cupids defeat the Arrows and put an end of Venus, once and for all.
My Review:

Cupid's Match is such a fun and captivating read. From the very beginning I was hooked and needed to find out what was going to happen next. I really enjoyed all of the characters and really liked how they all were unique and brought something special to the story. Cupid being a bit of a bad boy was a fun twist. There was lots of witty banter, which I love. I seriously couldn't make up my mind if I wanted him or his brother Cal to get the girl though; even at the end.

Cupid's Match has a lot of great humor and plenty of action with a forbidden romance, a spunky heroine, and a hint of a possible love triangle. I definitely need to read more about these characters! Although the story felt complete enough on it's own, I'd still love for there to be a sequel.

** I received a copy of this book through bookishfirst. This is my voluntary and honest review.**


No comments:

Post a Comment