Monday, May 4, 2015

review : If I Fall, If I Die

If I Fall, If I Die
 When I saw this title, I was instantly intrigued. As someone who's life has been personally affected by anxiety, I knew I had to read this book! I was expecting the book to be solely about Diane's agoraphobia and it's effect on her and Will's lives. What I found was even better than what I expected! If I Fall, If I Die is a beautifully poignant story with intricately woven layers of a deeply resonating tale of fear, hope, loss, friendship, parenthood, and much more. I really enjoyed Will's inner voice and his slightly askew view of the world was delightfully witty and fun. I was surprised that I could totally relate with not only the mom and her fears for her child, but also with Will as he fought the inner battle of protecting his mother as well as breaking away from her overprotection. Another very enjoyable aspect of the book was the names that Will and/or his mother came up with for various things. I mean what mother doesn't think all of her child's creations are masterpieces? The backstory for how Will named his mom's anxiety stricken moments " The Black Lagoon " was priceless and very entertaining. Overall I would say this one is a winner! Although it deals with some dark issues and has some suspenseful moments it also has enough wit and humor to keep it from being a depressing read.                                                                                                                                                                         * I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review *MORE INFO   AUTHOR BIO                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment