Friday, March 9, 2018

Review: Turquoise Mountain by Diane J. Reed

He’s a fierce protector of his land & sacred heritage—and only a strong woman can capture his wild heart…
Dillon Iron Feather is dangerous and he knows it. Hardened by his championship fighting career, he returns to his remote Colorado ranch to heal, only to discover that city girl Tessa Grove is determined to stake her claim to the old mine she inherited on a corner of his land. Stubborn to the bone, Tessa soon digs up precious gems from deep within the earth to use in her custom-made jewelry business. But those stones turn out to be sacred, and sparks fly as they begin to guide her to the secret chambers of Dillon’s heart…

My Review: 

I instantly felt transported while reading Turquoise Mountain. This book has so much atmosphere and this wonderful mystical aspect that I have come to love and expect from Reed's writing. She's always able to make every page feel like magic. It just really felt like something special from the very beginning and had me completely captivated. I loved the feisty heroine and when she meets Dillion for the first time it was hysterical and such fun. I've always enjoyed a story where the characters did not get along upon first meeting, yet later fall in love. What can I say? I don't like things to be too easy. It definitely wasn't too easy for Tessa and Dillion as they face many obstacles together as they get to know each other and fall in love. They have this slow burn sizzling chemistry that's super hot! There's definitely more to it than that though. I really liked that the story was just as much about the culture and suspense as it was the romance. It's certainly a unique story and unlike anything else that I have read. I have had the pleasure of reading some of Reed's other books and was pleasantly surprised with some of the small details that connected with another series of books. Don't worry if you haven't read the other books you won't be in the dark, but it definitely added to the interest level for me. I absolutely loved Turquoise Mountain and I cannot wait to read the next book and find out more about these fascinating brothers. Highly recommended!!!

** I received this book from the author and voluntarily reviewed it.**     


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring Turquoise Mountain and for your lovely review! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the story! ~Diane J. Reed

    ReplyDelete