Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Review: Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer




All good things must come to an end. So although I have loved and thoroughly enjoyed this entire series, alas I knew it could not last forever.
I love that Sacrifice is Michael's book and that we finally get an insight to how hard it is on him to not only have to deal with being an elemental but also trying to deal with finances, his relationship, and walking the line of brother/parent to his also elemental brothers. Throw in a crazy guide trying to finish the brothers off and it's one dramatic breathtaking ride.
At times I was seriously wondering how much more this poor guy could take. I mean it's bad enough to have everything going wrong but then to be blamed because they think you must be the problem since everything bad seems to happen around you. It's almost too much.
The fast pace and suspense were definitely keeping me glued to the pages. Delicious from beginning to end, Kemmerer has a way of making her characters so realistic and their bonds so true that you can't help but to fall in love with them. So I waited with bated breath to see how things would turn out for the brothers I have come to love and although we didn't get a rock solid ending I can't help but to feel that any other way would feel too definitive and I'm just not ready to let them go just yet. So for now I'll just keep imagining how I think things would turn out for the boys and hope that Brigid decides to one day revisit their story.

*** I received this book from the publisher in exchange for a honest review. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment