Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Review: Home on the Range by Ruth Logan Herne




Home on the Range picks up shortly after the events in Back in the Saddle book 1 of the Double S Ranch series. Colt has found his happiness, Sam is trying to make amends, the town is slowly but surely being put back together, and then we have Nick. If you read the first book you already know that Nick has a bit of a chip on his shoulder. But who could blame him? He never got over the hurt of his mother leaving him as a child and then his wife turned around and did the same exact thing to his two beautiful young girls. Home on the Range is his story and how meeting the lovely Elsa changes everything for him. It could stand on it's own if you have not read book 1, but it's wonderful as well so I for one am grateful I read it first. 

I loved being immersed in visuals of the ranch while reading Home on the Range. There's just something about a ranch setting that always heavily appeals to me. I think that helped offset some of the emotional aspects of the book and helped to keep things a little lighter. The family dynamics, romance, and emotional baggage made this one very beautiful and at times heartrending. The love, humor, and overall feel of family kept it from being depressing though, and I'm sure there were even more smiles than there were tears as I read this lovely story.  I highly recommend this story to romance lovers especially those who like a charming ranch setting and emotional stories. 

** I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. **

No comments:

Post a Comment